- 1. Protect your personal assets. By forming a corporation, you separate your personal assets from the company, and are typically not personally responsible for business debts. So creditors can't pursue your home or car to pay business debts.
- 2. Tax and other savings. Corporations often gain tax advantages, such as savings on self-employment taxes, and deductions for health insurance premiums and life insurance.
- 3. Attract investors. Incorporating is often a pre-requisite to getting outside investment, from sales of stock, or for borrowing money from professional investors or banks. It can also help you reach potential new customers and partners.
- 4. Easier transfer and sale. An incorporated business provides more security for purchasers and therefore can also be easier to sell than an unincorporated business.
- 5. Retirement planning. It can be easier to create retirement funds and qualified plans, like a 401(k) for yourself and employees.
In the Standard Package, incorporating a business is easy and painless.
You will receive: (1) LegalForce automated Incorporation Wizard helps you decide what corporate form is best for your business; (2) Legally compliant filing of Articles of Incorporation; (3) Customer service available at any time.
Some states require your original signature before filing. For these states, we will send you the documents to sign and return to us.
Answer a couple of simple questions about your business. These are used by our "Incorporation Wizard" to recommend the state and type of incorporation that are most likely to meet your needs. You are free to make changes to these recommendations or to chose a different package.
Make any changes you want and submit your answers to us.
We will prepare and file the appropriate documents with the state of incorporation. We also create bylaws and minutes to get your company started. When the state responds, we will send your incorporation documents to you and give you easy-to-follow instructions of what to do next.